12 February 2012

Rachel Antonoff: FW12 Presentation


So I'm attending a few shows and presentations this FW12 fashion week...  But it if it is one presentation I look forward to attending, it is always most definitely Rachel Antonoff. I always love her girly/vintage-y silhouettes with modern details (like her high waisted crepe silk shorts with heart shaped pockets)!  Rachel places her models against a dark mysterious set from her own imagination, always so creatively designed and executed. Her presentations are always a fun experience!

This season was by far one of my favorites!  Playful and fun, full of peter pan collars and that distinct 50's flair, I was particularly drawn to the prints (the cool mod beige and pink patterned one was my favorite), colors, and fabrics she used! It was a great mixture of dresses and separates, and I found myself wanting something from nearly every look. Her collaboration with Bass for this collection was also one of my favorites!

The setting was a moonlit lake... at midnight perhaps? Placed against the silhouette of a forest, a full moon hung overhead, as the models stood on a dock. Alia Shawkat sung a few jazz tunes, which added to the eerie atmosphere. 





My favorite shoes from the Bass x Rachel Antonoff Collaboration!




No comments: