25 September 2007

I was told that if I ever needed a part time job, there would always be one available to me.

All signs are telling me to move forward with my life.

A day at AA, then to a rehearsal- to only, on the way, passing the Astor Place Starbucks at the beginning of Lafayette, see that Sex and the City is shooting inside. I think not of Sarah Jessica Parker and her lookalike son sitting at a booth waving to the people and paparazzi (Is she royalty now?). I think not of the Oscar winning Jennifer Hudson pacing back and forth. Instead, I think of the real people I know inside- people I spent a few months filming with and got to know a great deal. I think of how long it has been.

Yours truly proceeded to talk (politely) with several P.A.'s, and when failed, proceeded to successfully sneak onto the Sex and the City set. I saw b.a.f. and j.t. and the works. It was wonderful. It was for about 10 minutes- but just being on a set for that length of time changed the sound of my voice, the thought patterns in my mind...

Standing four feet away from sjp watch admirably at her son operate the camera and track was just an added bonus.

I need to get a part time job on set again.

And then, to go to my own rehearsal... And then to be told by an old friend over dinner at Angelica's Kitchen that I just need to push myself into doing it... That the confidence in myself can only be found through actually giving it all a try....

And after being told to start my own jewelry company inspired by my own unstamped vintage pieces...

I just need to leap. How hard it is, to break free from the familiar.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

You totally miss set! I don't. I miss you and love you.

Anonymous said...

you know what i think... run and don't look back.

oh p.s. it's your Christine # 2

Je suis Amy said...

yes.
take that leap!
Act your little heart out.
that is your forte.

Je suis Amy said...

yes.
take that leap!
Act your little heart out.
that is your forte.