29 November 2009

giving thanks





Thanksgiving was, per usual, full of family, warmth, wine, and good food. I've come a long way since last year, and as such, can safely say that this thanksgiving the food was much more enjoyable than last year's. There is something really comforting about the fact that while everyone in my family grows older, the recipes and tastes stay the same... oh, and the fact that no matter how old the younger cousins get,our table is still called the kids table.




Everyone has the same expectations, and the same anticipation, which always makes a really wonderful meal. I always look forward to Aunt Lori's brined turkey breast, mom's stuffing, the sweet potato casserole , and most importantly, the french rolls from Wheatley Bake Shop .



We celebrated my sister's 21st birthday over carrot cake. Another landmark in the Gherardi/Farrell family.

I was thankful for a lot of things this year, particularly for the ability for myself and certain family members to endure and survive the past five years. And the quest to find my voice and to open my heart. And the entrance of new faces in my life-- people who I know and want to be good friends for life.  Thankful for the mistakes I made with certain people this past year, and knowing I have the ability to continue having hope in my heart and letting go at the same time.





 Then there are always the smaller things that make these big things possible, like good songs , and hobbies, living in this crazy city, my cozy apartment, living as comfortably as I can, and knowing that a new dream or adventure is right around the corner...




Back to the city it was, and it only gets crazier from here. Black Friday was insane but I scored these shoes by Toga, which oh yeah, I'm thankful for too...





No comments: